Amity Gentle Dental
Bridge the Gap in Your Smile
A dental bridge quite literally “bridges” the gap left by missing teeth. These unique prosthetics can attach to dental crowns on either side of the gap or they can attach directly to the jawbone through the use of dental implants. Dr. Chester Clark, who has practiced dentistry since 1977, offers multiple dental bridge options for his patients in and around Amity, AR. Thousands of patients have trusted Dr. Clark to care for their smiles over the years, and he holds several memberships with prominent dental organizations.
What Are My Dental Bridge Options?
Dr. Clark offers multiple bridge options. During your consultation at our dental practice, Dr. Clark will describe each option while recommending the right restorative treatment to meet your oral health needs and budget.
- Cantilever bridge: Patients who have a healthy tooth on one side of their gap can benefit from a cantilever bridge. This type of bridge uses a prepared tooth to support the bridge. This type of prosthetic is not recommended for molars.
- Maryland bonded bridge: This resin-bonded bridge can be made from multiple materials and bonds to existing teeth.
- Implant-supported bridge: An implant-retained bridge attaches directly to the jawbone through the use of dental implants. This bridge option requires oral surgery to place the implant posts in the jawbone.
- Prettau® Zirconia bridge: Zirconia is an extremely strong and durable material. Patients who wish to have a long-lasting prosthetic that can endure many years of wear can benefit from a zirconia bridge.
Many forms of dental insurance cover part of the cost of a dental bridge. The total cost of a dental bridge begins at $1,000 or more and can reach several thousand dollars.
At Amity Gentle Dental, we offer multiple bridge options. Dr. Clark will describe each option and recommend the right treatment for your needs.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
Patients who undergo dental bridge placement at our dental practice can benefit from:
- Restored oral function: Anyone who is missing one or more teeth knows that partial tooth loss can impede speech and chewing abilities. A dental bridge can restore these functions.
- A more youthful-looking smile: A full set of teeth is associated with health and youth. Conversely, even one missing tooth can cause an individual to appear older than their actual age. Over time, tooth loss can lead to tooth shifting and sunken cheeks. Replacing missing teeth is an effective means of gifting yourself an attractive smile.
- Increased self-confidence: For better or worse, we are often judged based on the appearance of our smile. Replacing one or more missing teeth can boost an individual’s self-confidence.
If you are missing one or more consecutive teeth, you are likely a great candidate for a custom dental bridge.
Patients who undergo dental implant placement can benefit from healthier jawbones. The absence of even one tooth can lead to jawbone atrophy since natural tooth roots stimulate jawbone growth. Dental implants replace tooth roots, meaning that the placement of one or more dental implants can have significant oral health benefits for your smile.
Schedule Your Dental Bridge Consultation
If you are missing one or more consecutive teeth, you are likely a great candidate for a custom dental bridge. At Amity Gentle Dental, we treat all forms of tooth loss. If you have questions or concerns about financing, our office gladly accepts CareCredit® financing. Dr. Clark brings decades of professional experience to treating missing teeth. If your dental bridge needs replacing or if you are ready to enjoy restored oral function following tooth loss, we welcome you to contact our office online or call (870) 525-2285.