Amity Gentle Dental has proudly served the Amity, AR, community for four decades and we continue to incorporate the safest and most advanced techniques. Dr. Chester Clark, Jr. practices biological dentistry. While similar in many ways to conventional dentistry, these techniques strive to minimize patients’ exposure to hazards such as mercury and radiation. Throughout your treatment at our Christian practice, Dr. Clark will take every necessary measure to ensure your dental care supports the health of your entire body.
What is Biological Dentistry?
Biological dentistry focuses on the entire body rather than the smile alone. Practitioners of biological/holistic dentistry consider your physical condition, mental health, and spiritual wellness to determine whether a treatment is advisable.
The biological approach is very similar to conventional dentistry and Dr. Clark has undergone the same training as other general dentists. However, he will never perform a procedure simply because it has been trusted in the past. New research is shedding light on some of the harmful dental practices that have been used for decades. Our practice is excited to be at the forefront of a safer, more refined approach.
By using digital x-rays instead of traditional options, we can significantly reduce patients’ exposure to radiation.
Certain procedures and diagnostic methods can expose patients to toxic materials. We actively reduce risks in several ways:
- Digital x-rays: Traditional x-rays expose patients to unnecessary levels of radiation. By using digital imaging systems, we can reduce patients’ exposure by up to 70 percent. Our technology is able to capture panoramic, 3-D images to further improve diagnoses and treatment outcomes.
- Metal-free restorations: Because amalgam fillings contain mercury, a toxic element, we opt for a safe, metal-free alternative made of dental composite. Our composite fillings are biocompatible, stable, and long-lasting. If you have amalgam fillings, we can replace them with these safe substitutes.
- Avoiding excessive fluoride: Too much fluoride can have toxic effects on the body. Dr. Clark does not recommend regular use of mouthwashes, toothpastes, or in-office treatments containing this mineral. Flossing and other natural methods have been found to be sufficient in reducing our patients’ risk of decay.
We strive to ensure that your dental treatment does not come at the cost of your overall health.
New research is shedding light on some of the harmful dental practices that have been used for decades. Our practice is excited to be at the forefront of a safer, more refined approach.
While we can take certain measures to protect your health moving forward, many patients may also benefit from detoxification from past treatments, including:
- Ozone therapy: Ozone is a safe, naturally occurring sterilizer. We often use it to eliminate harmful pathogens during cavity treatment, while leaving surrounding healthy tissue unaffected.
- Amalgam filling removal: Dr. Clark’s office is equipped with the advanced systems necessary to safely remove metal restorations. High-powered suction and oxygen masks ensure patients have a negligible risk of exposure to mercury vapors.
- Activated charcoal: Often used in combination with amalgam filling removal, swishing with activated charcoal can safely expel any remaining metal particles.
- Dental lasers: Unlike traditional tools, soft tissue lasers kill bacteria on contact. This minimizes the risk of infection while minimizing other side effects, such as discomfort.
By coordinating closely with qualified medical professionals, we can maximize the impact of your detoxification treatments.
Protect Your Health
Your total body wellness should not be compromised by your dental treatment. Choosing a holistic dentist can make all the difference in your quality of life. To learn more, schedule an appointment with Dr. Clark using our online contact frm or by calling (870) 342-5265. We can accommodate patients who speak English or Spanish.